The following is a very brief extract on the Top 10 Steps to Perfect Health – The Ayurvedic Way. I pass this on to you for free so you can get a tiny glimpse into one of the oldest medical philosophy in the world which is still thriving today throughout the world and in fact has been used by modern medicine in many ways.
Enjoy and I wish you to –be the healthiest you can be-
So What is Ayurveda?
Well to put it briefly it is the Indian Eastern Medicine/Health System. It starts with knowing your body type (your Dosha) which is either Vata, Pitta or Kapha or a combination of two or all three Doshas.
OK but What Are The 10 Steps to Health According to Ayurveda?
The very basic overview includes the following:
- Keep your Dosha in balance e.g. by eating, living and understanding life according to your dosha.
- Cleanse your 5 Sense organs: These include your tongue, skin, nose, eyes and ears: Tongue: To prevent disease, remove toxins, improve digestion; Nose: balance hormone function, reduce snoring, clear chronic sinus, relieves migraines; Ears: relieve tinnitus, clear wax build up, relieve itching; Eyes: helps with sight, helps ground body, calms the nervous system, balances the hormones; Skin: Calm and strengthen the nervous system, detoxifies the body, stimulates the immune system, improves lymphatic flow.
- Regular elimination of toxins (stool, sweat and urine) need to be observed and understood what variants in colour and consistency means to the body’s health.
- Observe your Breath: to enhance life’s energy (prana) in cells and tissues, enhance vitality in cells, uninterrupted energy flow around the body, and to help in minimising build-up of toxins and free radicals.
- Understand importance of the six tastes in life: Sweet – nourishes and builds tissue; Salty – cleanses and removes waste; Sour – stimulates digestion; Bitter – Purifies and dries secretions; Pungent – Improves digestion; Astringent – Binding and anti-inflammatory.
- Recognise the role of Agni (digestion): Food is ‘cooked’ properly; Smooth digestion; Regular elimination; Pleasant breath; Good Intelligence; Balanced emotions.
- Exercise everyday: Strengthen the nervous system; Detoxifies and revitalises the entire body; Stimulates the immune system; Improves lymphatic flow.
- Recognise the role of mind in perfect balance: Atomic and one, sensitive and delicate, dualistic nature.
- Learn how to create balance between mind, body and soul: Meditation, breath, chanting, visualisation.
- Recognise your emotions on a daily basis and work on them daily: Unprocessed emotions are the cause of all mental ailments; Talk to yourself every day in front of a mirror before going to bed; Learn the emotional healing process.
Is That All There is to it?
No, as an Ayurvedic Practitioner that has been practising for the last 15 years, the information above is to give you some knowledge of how to look after yourself from an eastern point of view but it is only a drop in the ocean. There is so much more exciting information that could be learnt and used for your health and family and friends.
Sounds Interesting But What Next?
Book the Ayurvedic Medicine Practitioner E-Course
If you would like to learn more about the above and Ayurveda generally in so much more detail and including practitioner diagnostic knowledge (usually only given to practitioners) please click on the button below.